Citizenship by Investment Program for Dominica offers financial advantages for family members
Significant changes have been implemented to enhance Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Program. The primary effect of these changes is the broadening of the definition of ‘dependant’ and the expansion of opportunities for family members of investors who already have obtained economic citizenship. These changes also result into adjustments to investment and fee requirements, meaning that the applications fees will be lower.
Definition of ‘dependant’
Under the new regulations the following persons are now eligible to be included as dependants:
– spouse of the main applicant
– children of the main applicant below the age of 18 or aged 18 to 30 and substantially supported by the main applicant of the spouse of the main applicant
– parents or grandparents of the main applicant who are substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
– biological or legally adopted siblings of the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
The application fee for a sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant below the age of 18 is US$ 25.000, for a sibling aged 18 to 25 the fee is US$ 50.000.
Dominica now allows for the following post-citizenship additions to be made under the program:
– new born or adopted children can be registered at all times
– spouses married after citizenship
– pre-existing dependants: any dependent who would have qualified as a dependant at the time the original applications was made
Post citizenship additions apply to all means of obtaining citizenship through the program. These applications can only be made by the original main applicant.
For further details please refer to our website https://mdmconsultancy.com/dominica-citizenship-by-investment/